- A journey towards human security20/09/2016
- Resilience in Protracted Crises13/09/2016
- Building resilience through Needs Assessments in FAO Emergency operation31/08/2016
- Seasons of Hope: Countering an El Niño-induced drought in Ethiopia (Documentary)16/08/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
Haiti: Seeds of a Renaissance
Before the earthquake struck on January 12th 2010, farmers in Haiti had good reason to be optimistic. A 10.2 million dollar scheme, implemented by FAO and the Government of Haiti, and financed by IFAD, was coming to a successful end. Diversified activities across the country had boosted food production and increased farmers incomes across the country.
But now, support for the project is needed more than ever. An exodus of vulnerable people from the capital to rural areas is putting more pressure on family food baskets, and a food crisis is looming.