- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Haiti: Seeds of a Renaissance
Before the earthquake struck on January 12th 2010, farmers in Haiti had good reason to be optimistic. A 10.2 million dollar scheme, implemented by FAO and the Government of Haiti, and financed by IFAD, was coming to a successful end. Diversified activities across the country had boosted food production and increased farmers incomes across the country.
But now, support for the project is needed more than ever. An exodus of vulnerable people from the capital to rural areas is putting more pressure on family food baskets, and a food crisis is looming.