- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions01/04/2016
- El Niño impact in Ethiopia and FAO destocking activity21/03/2016
- Escalation of food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia07/03/2016
Pakistan Floods 2010 - One Year On
The 2010 floods in Pakistan were one of the most devastating natural disasters of our times - a slow motion tsunami - affecting more than 20 million people and claiming nearly 2 000 lives. FAO with its partners reached over 10 million people across Pakistan prioritising winter and spring planting, livestock support, irrigation repair and coordination of the agriculture sector.