- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
Kenya's Maasai remember rinderpest
Maasai elders in Kenya are among those who have seen, first-hand, the devastation caused by rinderpest, or cattle plague. For millennia, the virus was a threat to animal health and human livelihoods, until the success of an FAO-led programme to eradicate the disease from all but a few laboratory settings worldwide.