- Food Security Situation in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
Combating Cassava Mosaic - 2007
An aggressive plant disease wiped out much of the cassava crop in the Great Lakes region of Africa, where cassava is a major source of food. In Burundi, farmers now have access to a disease-tolerant variety, thanks to regional cooperation and an EC-funded FAO project.