- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions01/04/2016
- El Niño impact in Ethiopia and FAO destocking activity21/03/2016
- Escalation of food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia07/03/2016
High Food Prices: Haiti on the Brink - 2008
In Haiti, "eating bleach" means the hunger pains brought on by high food prices. FAO is supporting national initiatives, such as urban farming, to boost local production and limit Haiti's reliance on pricey imported foods.