- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
High Food Prices: Haiti on the Brink - 2008
In Haiti, "eating bleach" means the hunger pains brought on by high food prices. FAO is supporting national initiatives, such as urban farming, to boost local production and limit Haiti's reliance on pricey imported foods.