- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
Pakistan Floods 2010 - 6 months on: from Relief to early Recovery
In Summer 2010 Pakistan suffered the worst floods in living memory. 20 million people were directly affected and agriculture was extremely hard hit.
FAO's early assistance is helping around 900,000 families to produce food again. But continous support is still needed to build more resilient and sustainable agriculture.