- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Pakistan Floods 2010 - 6 months on: from Relief to early Recovery
In Summer 2010 Pakistan suffered the worst floods in living memory. 20 million people were directly affected and agriculture was extremely hard hit.
FAO's early assistance is helping around 900,000 families to produce food again. But continous support is still needed to build more resilient and sustainable agriculture.