- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
Pakistan Floods 2010 - 6 months on: from Relief to early Recovery
In Summer 2010 Pakistan suffered the worst floods in living memory. 20 million people were directly affected and agriculture was extremely hard hit.
FAO's early assistance is helping around 900,000 families to produce food again. But continous support is still needed to build more resilient and sustainable agriculture.