- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Kenya's Young Refugees - Developing future leaders today
In the Kakuma refugee camp and its host communities, in north-western Kenya, children are at risk of diseases, gender-based violence and malnutrition.
In response to this crisis, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and partners have set up Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) in the East and Central Africa where children learn about traditional and modern farming techniques, nutrition, gender equality, business skills and the sharing of knowledge.
For children like Habiba Athumani, an orphan from Somalia, these opportunities bring the chance of a better, healthier and happier future. (Ref.F0014/en)