- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
FAO vaccinates 14 million animals across Somalia
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions also include helping farmers to boost fodder production, providing animal emergency treatment and strengthening animal disease surveillance.