- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
FAO vaccinates 14 million animals across Somalia
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions also include helping farmers to boost fodder production, providing animal emergency treatment and strengthening animal disease surveillance.