- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
FAO vaccinates 14 million animals across Somalia
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions also include helping farmers to boost fodder production, providing animal emergency treatment and strengthening animal disease surveillance.