- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
FAO vaccinates 14 million animals across Somalia
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions also include helping farmers to boost fodder production, providing animal emergency treatment and strengthening animal disease surveillance.