- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
Basotho Voices: Human Security
Basotho Voices: Human Security, gives the floor to a diverse range of citizens from Lesotho. Basotho express their views on issues related to Human Security, a concept which entails the right of people to live in freedom and dignity, free from poverty and despair.
All individuals are entitled to freedom from fear and freedom from want, with an equal opportunity to enjoy all their rights and fully develop their human potential. This film has been produced by FAO and Sesotho Media & Development, a local NGO specialized in the use of films supporting social development.
The film features insightful interviews with Basotho citizens from different corners of the country, from rural and urban areas, male and females, elder, adults, youngsters and children - a true mosaic of Basotho society. This production is part of a UN Lesotho project in support of communities affected by climate change induced shocks funded by the United Nations Trust Fund for Human Security (UNTFHS).