- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Basotho Voices: Human Security
Basotho Voices: Human Security, gives the floor to a diverse range of citizens from Lesotho. Basotho express their views on issues related to Human Security, a concept which entails the right of people to live in freedom and dignity, free from poverty and despair.
All individuals are entitled to freedom from fear and freedom from want, with an equal opportunity to enjoy all their rights and fully develop their human potential. This film has been produced by FAO and Sesotho Media & Development, a local NGO specialized in the use of films supporting social development.
The film features insightful interviews with Basotho citizens from different corners of the country, from rural and urban areas, male and females, elder, adults, youngsters and children - a true mosaic of Basotho society. This production is part of a UN Lesotho project in support of communities affected by climate change induced shocks funded by the United Nations Trust Fund for Human Security (UNTFHS).