- A journey towards human security20/09/2016
- Resilience in Protracted Crises13/09/2016
- Building resilience through Needs Assessments in FAO Emergency operation31/08/2016
- Seasons of Hope: Countering an El Niño-induced drought in Ethiopia (Documentary)16/08/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
Cassava Revival in Northern Uganda
Although cassava is an important food security crop, it has been threatened first by the outbreak of Cassava Mosaic Diseases (CMD) and lately Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD). With funding support from the European Union (EU), European Commission (EC) and ECHO, FAO has implemented projects in Uganda that have aimed at first, mitigating the spread of the disease by multiplying and distributing disease free varieties and secondly by coordinating all efforts in the country and region.