- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Cassava Revival in Northern Uganda
Although cassava is an important food security crop, it has been threatened first by the outbreak of Cassava Mosaic Diseases (CMD) and lately Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD). With funding support from the European Union (EU), European Commission (EC) and ECHO, FAO has implemented projects in Uganda that have aimed at first, mitigating the spread of the disease by multiplying and distributing disease free varieties and secondly by coordinating all efforts in the country and region.