- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Locust plague threatens to trigger severe food crisis in Madagascar (in FRENCH)
Locusts have already infested over half of the island nation’s cultivated land and livestock pastures. Some 13 million people’s food security and livelihoods are at stake, or nearly 60 percent of the Madagascar’s total population. Nine million of those people are directly dependent on agriculture for food and income.
Reportage provided to FAO by Agence France Presse.