- Seasons of Hope: Countering an El Niño-induced drought in Ethiopia (Documentary)16/08/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
Locust plague threatens to trigger severe food crisis in Madagascar (in FRENCH)
Locusts have already infested over half of the island nation’s cultivated land and livestock pastures. Some 13 million people’s food security and livelihoods are at stake, or nearly 60 percent of the Madagascar’s total population. Nine million of those people are directly dependent on agriculture for food and income.
Reportage provided to FAO by Agence France Presse.