- Food Security Situation in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
FAO Emergency consultation - Avian influenza H7N9
In April 2013, some of the world's top scientists gathered at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for an emergency consultation on the new avian influenza threat called H7N9.
Animal and public health specialists teamed up with virologists, disease control managers, anthropologists and a wide range of other experts to translate current knowledge into practical advice. The resulting guidelines were designed to help member countries prepare for and manage the risks posed by H7N9.