- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
South Sudan faces food security crisis
South Sudan is facing one of the worst food crises in recent history with experts predicting some parts of the country could face famine by next year. According to the UN's food and agricultural agency South Sudan needs 1.3 million tons of food but only produces 900,000. And with fighting contunuing between government and rebel forces, aid agencies are concerned the food security situation could get worse.