- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Interview with Mr Alexis Bonte, FAO Representative ad interim in the Central African Republic
Mr Alexis Bonte, FAO Representative ad interim, explains FAO’s assistance in CAR to ensure food security. Activities aim at resuming agricultural production through the distribution of seeds and tools to displaced rural communities affected by the 18-month conflict.
At the same time, the implementation of the ‘caisse de résilience’ programme will contribute to build their resilience. Similarly to the successful programme implemented in Uganda, this comprehensive approach is based on three pillars: social, technical and financial. The main objectives are in fact to ensure that women monitor the nutrition status of their children; enable famers to produce their own quality seeds; and implement cash transfers to boost saving and loans schemers.