- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
The joint resilience programme in action in Somalia
The emergency heads include Dominique Burgeon of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), David Kaatrud of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) and Ted Chaiban of the UN's Children's Fund (UNICEF), whose last leg of their Somali tour took them to Dollow in southern Somalia and the Horn of Africa. FAO, WFP and UNICEF share the same goal of strengthening resilience in Somalia and reaffirmed their commitment to play a key role for mobilizing change through resilience enhancement while prioritizing the most vulnerable in the region.
The three are part of a larger team of emergency directors from the various UN agencies and international NGOs, led by the UN office of Coordination of Humanitarian Affair (OCHA), with an objective of reviewing the humanitarian situation in Somalia and Yemen.