- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and injured countless civilians.As of December 2014, over 50 percent of the population has fled their homes, ...READ MORE
- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...READ MORE
According to the Cadre Harmonisé results, 13 million people are food insecure (Burkina Faso, The Gambia, Niger, Senegal, Mauritania, Côte d’Ivoire and Chad) despite average harvests.
4.5 ...read more
- 08 November. Category 5 Typhoon Haiyan (locally called Yolanda) struck the Philippines, affecting nine regions across central parts of the country and causing widespread devastation, massive displacement, ...read more
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with the Government of Uganda and respective District Local Governments has been supporting communities ...read more
- To improve the management of agriculture and livelihoods-related disasters through enhanced leadership, better information dissemination, improved coordination, more timely and effective response, and strengthening the capacity ...read more