- Recurrent floods, erratic distribution of rainfall and the influx of refugees from neighbouring countries have caused over 1.7 million people to be food insecure.
Irregular and poor rainfall in recent years ...leer más
- The humanitarian situation in Mali is still extremely fragile. Given the socio-political instability, particularly in the northern region of the country, and the highest number of floods registered over a period ...leer más
- Right blend of policies and support to region’s pastoralists can prevent future crises
The time has come to break the "vicious circle" of crises in Africa's Sahel by proactively building up ...leer más
- Children in Karamoja, northern Uganda, are learning about farming, healthy eating and how to protect themselves from diseases, thanks to the Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools, set up by ...leer más
- Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are ...leer más
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Uganda is supporting pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in the Karamoja region to diversify their livelihoods, thanks to the financial ...leer más
- Eastern Sahel threatened by food and pastoral crisis
Following the 2009‐2010 cropping season millions of people in the pastoral and agro‐pastoral areas are in food insecurity in Niger, Chad and in ...leer más