- Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are ...leer más
- Since January 2011, the Côte d’Ivoire crisis has worsened rapidly affecting two million people in the country, resulting in 800 000 internally displaced people (IDPs). More than 130 000 people ...leer más
- Peace in Burundi can be consolidated by stabilizing the country’s rural communities, according to FAO. The UN’s food agency advocates continued support to the most vulnerable farmers, while stressing the ...leer más
- Assistance needs for the rapidly increasing emergency situations require more judicious responses on the part of donors, including the provision of critical agricultural inputs such as seeds, fertilizers and farming ...leer más
- Reducing and managing disaster risk to improve food and livelihood security in Eastern and Central Africa
Each year, countries in the Eastern and Central region of Africa (ECA) experience the highest ...leer más