- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- Improving food security and agricultural livelihoods in NorthernUganda is an EU-funded Government of Uganda's Agricultural Livelihoods Recovery Project (ALREP) implemented by FAO in northern Uganda targeting people that have resettled ...leer más
- Breaking new grounds focuses on FAO and ECHO's efforts to link relief, rehabilitation and development in Uganda's northern region that was affected by war for 20 years. The video highlights ...leer más
- Cultivated mainly on marginal lands by small-scale farmers, cassava is an inexpensive and essential part of the diet of vulnerable communities across Africa. Millions of people depend on the crop.
Two ...leer más
- Upholding cassava's potential in Africa: 10 - 12 September 2013
During the course of the last decade, cassava production in East and Central Africa has been hampered by Cassava Mosaic Disease ...leer más
- This FAO Kenya Newsletter examines how an initiative on agribusiness support for smallholders is improving the livelihoods of banana farmers. As the countdown to World Food Day fast approaches, key events are ...leer más