- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- A UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) staff member has been killed in an attack by an armed group in Southern Somalia, the hunger-fighting agency announced.
"Our deepest condolences go out ...leer más
- In South Sudan, a country that traditionally prizes cattle herding above all other trades, there are calls now for greater support for fishing.
FAO experts say a fully developed fisheries industry ...leer más
- Castro Camarada, FAO Subregional Coordinator for Eastern Africa and FAO Representative in Ethiopia to the African Union & ECA, talks about the challenges facing the Horn of Africa, FAO's work ...leer más
- The long rains ended early with signiﬁcant rainfall deﬁcits being experienced across the eastern half of Kenya, parts of southern Somalia, northeastern Djibouti, and northeastern Ethiopia.
The June – September rainfall season ...leer más
- The February—May rainfall was characterized by a late onset and mixed performance throughout the horn of Africa (HoA).
Exceptionally heavy rains and the consiquential flooding in western areas contrasted sharply with ...leer más