- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- FAO has assisted representatives from the governments of South Sudan and Sudan to initiate the formation of a joint veterinary protocol agreement for the control of Trans-boundary Animal Diseases (TADs).
In ...leer más
- A hydrogeological study covering north and northwestern Somalia indicates that unguided drilling of boreholes puts the country’s groundwater in jeopardy.
The report by Somalia Water and Land Information Unit (SWALIM) of ...leer más
- Seasonal Migration Update
Insecurity and uncertainty along the Sudan-South Sudan border is continuing to hamper the seasonal migration of nomadic livestock owners and their herds. According to FEWSNET and FAO field ...leer más
- The Technical Cooperation project “Improving Nutrition and Food Security in the most vulnerable communities of Gedo, Bay and Bakool Regions” was formulated as an emergency response to the poor nutrition ...leer más