In the past
Despite considerable improvements in the Ivorian refugee situation in Liberia, thousands of refugees still remain and rely on Liberian host-communities for food security. FAO is providing the ...leer más
- Key points:
Alarming food situation among IDPs in Maiduguri in Borno State - Nigeria.
Progressive and near-final installation of the 2016-2017 crop year.
The FAO food price index continues to rise since five months.
- On this World Humanitarian Day, we remember our commitment to leave no one behind as we recognize our shared humanity. In northeast Nigeria, where many farming households have been unable to ...leer más
- Almost 4.5 million people are facing severe food insecurity in conflict-hit areas of northeast Nigeria. The latest Cadre harmonisé (CH) analysis for August to September 2016 shows a further deterioration in ...leer más
- In Northeast Nigeria, FAO is providing agricultural assitance to 12,400 IDP households and host families during the ongoing rainfed cropping season. Improved varieties of food crop seeds (millet, sorghum and cowpea) and fertilizers were ...leer más
- This new FAO publication brings an innovative contribution to the existing research work on Ebola. At its height, the outbreak led to border closures, quarantines and other restriction measures which ...leer más
- The Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS), with the technical and financial support of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), has launched ...leer más