- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed over 100 000 lives and injured countless civilians.Over 40 percent of the population has fled their homes, including 6.5 million people displaced ...leer más
- In February 2013, the Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa and the Emergency and Rehabilitation Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) ...leer más
- Many major humanitarian crises involving natural disasters or conflict can present significant humanitarian access problems.
Barriers can include the absence of: physical access to populations or infrastructures due to geographical, political ...leer más
- FAO has not traditionally had extensive operations in Syria, and is therefore not well embedded across the agricultural sector, aside from at a more governmental and diplomatic level.
Consequently, there is ...leer más
- Poor and erratic rainfall since October 2007 has caused the worst drought to strike Syria in four decades. Approximately one million people are severely affected and food insecure, particularly in ...leer más