In the past
Earthquake in 2010
One of the poorest and least developed countries in the western hemisphere, it is prone to natural disasters – from drought and flooding to seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. ...leer más
- The majority of Bolivians relies on the agriculture sector for their livelihoods; however about 85 percent of farmers can only produce at subsistence levels and 40 percent of the population ...leer más
Cereals and starchy roots production in 2015 dropped to its lowest level in 12 years, after two consecutive years of drought.
Food availability in 2015/16 is being sustained by imports and ...leer más
- An FAO project financed by ECHO has trained communities on new production methods, food preparation, waste management, recycling, basic healthcare and nutrition in Bagadó, in the Indigenous Reservation Territory in ...leer más
- Participantes en los componentes del Programa Conjunto para la respuesta del Sistema de las Naciones Unidas al fenómeno de La Niña 2010-2011 dan cuenta de los resultados.
El Programa Conjunto ha ...leer más
- The winter emergency that occurred in Colombia during 2010, was the worst occurred in the last 60 years. The “Niña” climate phenomenon heavily altered the country’s climate patterns which caused ...leer más
- Today, 1.5 million Haitians live in severe food insecurity. On the 23 October 2012, Hurricane Sandy moved across Haiti killing about 55 people and causing considerable damages to homes, crops, ...leer más