- Syrian farmers in the country’s western coastal governorate of Tartous, formerly among the world’s top producers of tomatoes, have started their first tomato harvest of the year with support from ...leer más
- Escalated conflict, restriction and disruption of commercial and humanitarian imports, population mass displacement, loss of livelihoods and income, scarcity and high price of fuel, disrupted market system and high price ...leer más
- Key points:
Good agricultural production 2015-2016 are confirmed in the Sahel and West Africa.
6.7 million people are affected by food and nutrition insecurity with 4.2 million people displaced in the Sahel ...leer más
- The Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) is a set of standardized tools that aims at providing a "common currency" for classifying the severity and magnitude of food insecurity.
In South ...leer más
- FAO requests urgent donor support for life-saving interventions to reach the most affected and most vulnerable populations, to protect their livelihoods and to build their resilience to shock, against the ...leer más
- Yemen is once again stepping into rampant and dire food insecurity after one-year of the escalated conflict, civil insecurity, poor crop harvest and disruptions of markets and trade activities, reports ...leer más