- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- Situation Overview
The political crisis in South Sudan has resulted in massive fighting among rival military and tribal groups since December 2013. This situation has caused countrywide insecurity, massive displacement of ...leer más
- FAO South Sudan and DFID teams travelled to Nimule, Eastern Equatoria State to conduct a joint assessment mission for the FAO implemented and DFID funded project “Emergency Livelihood Support to ...leer más
- An investigation on livestock disease transmission was conducted in Nimule, South Sudan, in February 2015. A team of livestock experts from FAO and the Government of South Sudan collected dozens ...leer más
- Despite improved food security following the Deyr harvest, improved livestock conditions, and mostly stable staple food prices, a large number of people across Somalia will be acutely food insecure through ...leer más
- Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...leer más