- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- From 25/11/2014 To 27/11/2014
Location: Wau and Kujoc, South-Sudan
Two sub-national training workshops are planned in South Sudan: in Wau from 25 to 27 November and in Kujoc 2-4 December 2014.
The Sub-national ...leer más
- In late August, teams of FAO South Sudan staff members returned to their offices in FAO’s Juba headquarters after spending challenging weeks in the field conducting the 13th round of the Food Security ...leer más
- Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices ...leer más
- In Rumbek, Lakes State, FAO South Sudan reached over 600 households with emergency livelihood crop kits between June and July 2014. This includes over 7 metric tons of sorghum, maize, sesame and cowpea ...leer más