- Chronic poverty, years of conflict and severe climatic events, including the 2011/2012 drought in the Sahel which triggered a major food and nutrition crisis, have negatively impacted agricultural and livestock ...leer más
- Recurrent floods, erratic distribution of rainfall and the influx of refugees from neighbouring countries have caused over 1.7 million people to be food insecure.
Irregular and poor rainfall in recent years ...leer más
- Key messages
Almost 4.5 million people face acute food insecurity in northeast Nigeria and require immediate assistance, according to the latest Cadre harmonisé analysis, released on 19 August.
A renewed commitment from ...leer más
- Key points:
Alarming food situation among IDPs in Maiduguri in Borno State - Nigeria.
Progressive and near-final installation of the 2016-2017 crop year.
The FAO food price index continues to rise since five months.
- On this World Humanitarian Day, we remember our commitment to leave no one behind as we recognize our shared humanity. In northeast Nigeria, where many farming households have been unable to ...leer más
- The Cadre Harmonisé report released on 19 August 2016 indicates that 4.5 million people are severely food insecure (Phase 3 to 5) in northeast Nigeria and require immediate assistance, an increase of ...leer más
- Almost 4.5 million people are facing severe food insecurity in conflict-hit areas of northeast Nigeria. The latest Cadre harmonisé (CH) analysis for August to September 2016 shows a further deterioration in ...leer más
- Keys points:
In Chad, food insecurity has deteriorated over the last three years in the Sahelian belt regions.
Average rainfall to slightly surplus is very likely on the Sahelian belt.
Alarming humanitarian situation continues in the Lake Chad ...leer más
- Over the past decade, the Sahel region has witnessed recurrent and multiple shocks. Droughts, floods, conflicts and insecurity have led to the reduction of the most vulnerable populations’ meager assets ...leer más