In the past
Earthquake in 2010
One of the poorest and least developed countries in the western hemisphere, it is prone to natural disasters – from drought and flooding to seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. ...leer más
- The majority of Bolivians relies on the agriculture sector for their livelihoods; however about 85 percent of farmers can only produce at subsistence levels and 40 percent of the population ...leer más
- Hurricane Sandy hit Haiti last 23 October causing colossal damage to Haiti's crops, land, livestock, fisheries and rural infrastructures. According to FAO and the Government of Haiti $74 million are ...leer más
- In Guatemala, FAO has been implementing emergency assistance and rehabilitation activities to support the most vulnerable farming households affected by natural disaster such as floods, drought, and tropical storms, and ...leer más
- In Colombia, FAO developed emergency assistance and rehabilitation activities, aimed at vulnerable communities affected by violence and natural disasters, to support them in recovering their livelihoods.
- Haiti continues to recover from the catastrophic earthquake of January 2010.
CAP 2012 – List of Countries
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
West Bank and Gaza Strip
Before the earthquake, ...leer más
- In Haiti, "eating bleach" means the hunger pains brought on by high food prices. FAO is supporting national initiatives, such as urban farming, to boost local production and limit Haiti's ...leer más