- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- Farmers in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) face numerous challenges, not least of which are soil erosion, scarce inputs and extreme weather like drought, flooding and cold spells. ...leer más
- The two recent earthquakes in Nepal have had a major impact on food security and agricultural livelihoods. Around two-thirds of Nepalese depend on agriculture for their livelihood – many at ...leer más
- Thousands of farming families whose livelihoods were devastated by the recent earthquakes in Nepal will soon have access to time-critical agricultural inputs thanks to rapid funding from Italy. The EUR ...leer más
- Nepal earthquakes intensity and agricultural areas.
1 earthquake7.8 magnitude on 25 April(epicentre Lamjung District, Western Region)
2 earthquake7.3 magnitude on 12 May(epicentre Dolakha district, Central Region)
Two major earthquakes struck Nepal within weeks: a 7.8 magnitude on 25 April (epicentre Lamjung District, WesternRegion), followed by a 7.3 magnitude on 12 May (epicentre Dolakha district, Central Region).
A ...leer más
A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal on 25 March with dire humanitarian consequences: millions of people are affected in 39 districts of Western and Central Regions, out of 75 districts ...leer más