- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed over 100 000 lives and injured countless civilians.Over 40 percent of the population has fled their homes, including 6.5 million people displaced ...leer más
- Successive wars, civil unrest and years of economic sanctions have stifled agricultural production in Iraq, with farmers facing shortages of quality seeds and fertilizers, and livestock keepers forced to sell ...leer más
- FAO has not traditionally had extensive operations in Syria, and is therefore not well embedded across the agricultural sector, aside from at a more governmental and diplomatic level.
Consequently, there is ...leer más
- Urban aquaponic systems have proven to be successful in providing an environmentally sustainable solution to ensure food and nutrition security and to protect the livelihoods of the most vulnerable.
In the ...leer más
- Humanitarian needs in the West Bank and Gaza Strip stem from decades of conflict, occupation and severely restricted access to natural resources, basic goods and services necessary for survival.
CAP 2012 ...leer más