- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed over 100 000 lives and injured countless civilians.Over 40 percent of the population has fled their homes, including 6.5 million people displaced ...leer más
- Successive wars, civil unrest and years of economic sanctions have stifled agricultural production in Iraq, with farmers facing shortages of quality seeds and fertilizers, and livestock keepers forced to sell ...leer más
- The prolonged stalemate in the Middle East peace process, ongoing conflict, destruction of property and restricted access to land, water, goods and services make it increasingly difficult for families in ...leer más
- Despite positive political developments in Yemen, security is volatile in some parts of the country, especially in the south, and poverty, hunger and malnutrition are rife. The combination of high ...leer más
- FAO has not traditionally had extensive operations in Syria, and is therefore not well embedded across the agricultural sector, aside from at a more governmental and diplomatic level.
Consequently, there is ...leer más