In the past
Despite considerable improvements in the Ivorian refugee situation in Liberia, thousands of refugees still remain and rely on Liberian host-communities for food security. FAO is providing the ...leer más
- In Northeast Nigeria, 3,000 households (about 24 000 people) are benefitting from FAO assistance to engage in vegetable production (rain fed and irrigated cropping) and marketing, thanks to the financial ...leer más
- Key messages
Almost 4.5 million people face acute food insecurity in northeast Nigeria and require immediate assistance, according to the latest Cadre harmonisé analysis, released on 19 August.
A renewed commitment from ...leer más
- Key points:
Alarming food situation among IDPs in Maiduguri in Borno State - Nigeria.
Progressive and near-final installation of the 2016-2017 crop year.
The FAO food price index continues to rise since five months.
- On this World Humanitarian Day, we remember our commitment to leave no one behind as we recognize our shared humanity. In northeast Nigeria, where many farming households have been unable to ...leer más
- The Cadre Harmonisé report released on 19 August 2016 indicates that 4.5 million people are severely food insecure (Phase 3 to 5) in northeast Nigeria and require immediate assistance, an increase of ...leer más
- Almost 4.5 million people are facing severe food insecurity in conflict-hit areas of northeast Nigeria. The latest Cadre harmonisé (CH) analysis for August to September 2016 shows a further deterioration in ...leer más
- In Northeast Nigeria, FAO is providing agricultural assitance to 12,400 IDP households and host families during the ongoing rainfed cropping season. Improved varieties of food crop seeds (millet, sorghum and cowpea) and fertilizers were ...leer más
- Joint alert by FAO, Fewsnet, CILSS and WFP
Conflict in northeast Nigeria has left a significant portion of the population without access to adequate food, water, and health services. The Nigerian ...leer más