- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- The crisis in South Sudan and high levels of food insecurity require a humanitarian response that is fast, flexible and opportunistic. FAO is helping to restore food production and access ...leer más
646 000 people have been internally displaced since 15 December, and 123 400 have fled to neighbouring countries.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Cluster estimates that up to 7 million ...leer más
- New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...leer más
- 08 November. Category 5 Typhoon Haiyan (locally called Yolanda) struck the Philippines, affecting nine regions across central parts of the country and causing widespread devastation, massive displacement, loss of life and ...leer más
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with the Government of Uganda and respective District Local Governments has been supporting communities in Karamoja to build ...leer más
- Following the passage of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, extensive damage to agriculture and rural livelihoods were reported. During the 16 and 17 November, an FAO Team was sent on a Fact Finding ...leer más
- The investment by the United Kingdom in one of the biggest and most modern slaughterhouses in Somalia will significantly contribute towards improving Somalia's ailing meat industry, which has seen little ...leer más