- Food insecurity affects nearly one in ten people in Djibouti. Of the food insecure, nearly 60 percent live in rural areas and are dependent on agriculture-based livelihoods. Yet consecutive years ...leer más
- From 25/11/2014 To 27/11/2014
Location: Wau and Kujoc, South-Sudan
Two sub-national training workshops are planned in South Sudan: in Wau from 25 to 27 November and in Kujoc 2-4 December 2014.
The Sub-national ...leer más
- FAO's response
Funds received to‐date have enabled FAO to distribute 458 928 livelihood kits (crop, vegetable, fishing), as well as vaccinating more than 1.5 million animals, and reach more than 1.8 ...leer más
- In late August, teams of FAO South Sudan staff members returned to their offices in FAO’s Juba headquarters after spending challenging weeks in the field conducting the 13th round of the Food Security ...leer más
- Humanitarian assistance is having a measurable and significant impact in South Sudan. The combined efforts of the Food Security and Livelihood Cluster (co-led by FAO, WFP and Mercy Corps) and ...leer más
- FAO's response
Funds received to‐date have enabled FAO to distribute 413 575 000 livelihood kits (crop, vegetable, fishing), as well as vaccinating more than 1 million animals, and reach more than ...leer más
- On Monday, FAO North America hosted Sue Lautze, FAO representative and UN Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator for South Sudan, at a briefing about the crisis in the country. Since last December, ...leer más
- Norway has donated approximately $10 million to help FAO provide conflict-affected farmers, fishers and herders in South Sudan with critical livelihood support.
Norway’s gift will allow FAO to distribute emergency livelihood kits – including crop seeds, ...leer más