- More than three-quarters of Malagasy families earn a living from agriculture, but frequent natural disasters – drought in the South, cyclones in the East, locust threats – cut into production ...leer más
- In July 2014, FAO distributed goats to vulnerable households in Timbuktu. This was part of the implementation of FAO's action plan to improve the food security of the victims of the situation in northern ...leer más
- FAO is warning that increased efforts are needed to improve awareness in West Africa about the risks of contracting the Ebola virus from eating certain wildlife species, including fruit bats.
Guinea, ...leer más
- Part of FAO’s emergency response in South Sudan is the distribution of livelihood kits nation-wide. In May 2014, FAO and partners distributed crop kits to beneficiaries in Himodonge payam located ...leer más
- In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...leer más