- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- On the 30th January 2014 Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines, visited the typhoon-affected Eastern Visayas with FAO. Interacting with small-scale fishers and farmers in and around ...leer más
646 000 people have been internally displaced since 15 December, and 123 400 have fled to neighbouring countries.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Cluster estimates that up to 7 million ...leer más
- During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...leer más
- En décembre, le taux de verdissement de la strate herbeuse a augmenté dans toutes les acrido-régions, à l’exception de l’Aire de densation. Cette situation est une conséquence de l’importante pluviosité ...leer más
- Building resilience of vulnerable communities to the vagaries of climate change (CC) is not business as usual but, rather calls for more transformative approaches that can organically evolve to suit ...leer más
- Uganda is highly vulnerable to the impact of climate change. Increased climate variability due to climate change, combined with high population growth and the degradation of land and forest cover, ...leer más
- This series of maps shows the results of the Damage and Loss Assessment conducted by the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines in December 2013 after Typhoon Haiyan.
Check also the ...leer más
2.6 million people need immediate humanitarian assistance; and one in five Central Africans is now internally displaced. These figures are likely to rise as the conflict places millions at risk ...leer más