- Farmers in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) face numerous challenges, not least of which are soil erosion, scarce inputs and extreme weather like drought, flooding and cold spells. ...leer más
- FAO’s development programme is designed to respond to the priorities of the Government of Kenya as outlined in the Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS) 2010-2020 and Vision 2030. Through the ...leer más
- Urban aquaponic systems have proven to be successful in providing an environmentally sustainable solution to ensure food and nutrition security and to protect the livelihoods of the most vulnerable.
In the ...leer más
- ACWG Journal is published monthly by FAO Zimbabwe.
In this issue:
2012/13 rainfall outlook;
updating the Zimbabwe Tick Distribution Map;
Update on Dipping Services;
Human Wildlife Conflict;
- The long rains ended early with signiﬁcant rainfall deﬁcits being experienced across the eastern half of Kenya, parts of southern Somalia, northeastern Djibouti, and northeastern Ethiopia.
The June – September rainfall season ...leer más
- The February—May rainfall was characterized by a late onset and mixed performance throughout the horn of Africa (HoA).
Exceptionally heavy rains and the consiquential flooding in western areas contrasted sharply with ...leer más
- An estimated 70% of Lesotho’s population is dependent on rain-fed agriculture for their livelihoods, meaning that most people are vulnerable to climate change. This is made because only 9% of ...leer más