- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- Faced with the lingering effects of the 2012 food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel, high food prices, recurrent natural disasters, animal disease outbreaks and plant infestations, many families in ...leer más
- Vulnerable agro pastoral communities in the semi arid region of Karamoja in Uganda have resorted to cereal banking as a coping mechanism to their food security threats.
The idea of introducing ...leer más
- Upholding cassava's potential in Africa: 10 - 12 September 2013
During the course of the last decade, cassava production in East and Central Africa has been hampered by Cassava Mosaic Disease ...leer más
- The Guidelines for emergency risk-based surveillance detail strategies to assist national authorities in rapidly detecting an incursion of H7N9 in non-affected countries/areas and in investigating the presence of the virus ...leer más
- FAO has assisted representatives from the governments of South Sudan and Sudan to initiate the formation of a joint veterinary protocol agreement for the control of Trans-boundary Animal Diseases (TADs).
In ...leer más
- Key messages conveyed through this documentary are on the key project activities in Zimbabwe which are centered on livestock development (dipping and small stock production models). The documentary features interviews ...leer más