- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- FAO has assisted representatives from the governments of South Sudan and Sudan to initiate the formation of a joint veterinary protocol agreement for the control of Trans-boundary Animal Diseases (TADs).
In ...leer más
- Seasonal Migration Update
Insecurity and uncertainty along the Sudan-South Sudan border is continuing to hamper the seasonal migration of nomadic livestock owners and their herds. According to FEWSNET and FAO field ...leer más
- Key messages conveyed through this documentary are on the key project activities in Zimbabwe which are centered on livestock development (dipping and small stock production models). The documentary features interviews ...leer más
- Pastoral communities in Kenya depend on watering holes for their livestock. Water shortages have led to conflict among communities and for some pastoralists to give up their livelihood entirely.
Waterholes are ...leer más
- The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions ...leer más