- FAO’s development programme is designed to respond to the priorities of the Government of Kenya as outlined in the Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS) 2010-2020 and Vision 2030. Through the ...leer más
- Humanitarian needs remain in Kenya as a result of conflict, natural hazards (drought and flooding), instability in neighbouring countries and outbreaks of human and livestock diseases. Violence linked to competition ...leer más
- Around 3.8 million people in Somalia are in need of humanitarian assistance due to the lasting effects of the 2011 famine, climate-induced shocks, conflict and political instability, compounded by lack ...leer más
- Castro Camarada, FAO Subregional Coordinator for Eastern Africa and FAO Representative in Ethiopia to the African Union & ECA, talks about the challenges facing the Horn of Africa, FAO's work ...leer más
- The long rains ended early with signiﬁcant rainfall deﬁcits being experienced across the eastern half of Kenya, parts of southern Somalia, northeastern Djibouti, and northeastern Ethiopia.
The June – September rainfall season ...leer más
- The February—May rainfall was characterized by a late onset and mixed performance throughout the horn of Africa (HoA).
Exceptionally heavy rains and the consiquential flooding in western areas contrasted sharply with ...leer más