- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and injured countless civilians.As of December 2014, over 50 percent of the population has fled their homes, ...leer más
- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- Fledging (emergence of young winged locusts of the first rainy season generation after completion of the hopper development) started during the last ten days of November 2013 and continued throughout ...leer más
- On the 30th January 2014 Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines, visited the typhoon-affected Eastern Visayas with FAO. Interacting with small-scale fishers and farmers in and around ...leer más
646 000 people have been internally displaced since 15 December, and 123 400 have fled to neighbouring countries.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Cluster estimates that up to 7 million ...leer más
- During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...leer más
- En décembre, le taux de verdissement de la strate herbeuse a augmenté dans toutes les acrido-régions, à l’exception de l’Aire de densation. Cette situation est une conséquence de l’importante pluviosité ...leer más
- Uganda is highly vulnerable to the impact of climate change. Increased climate variability due to climate change, combined with high population growth and the degradation of land and forest cover, ...leer más
The map shows the results of the Damage and Loss Assessment conducted by the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines in December 2013 after Typhoon Haiyan.
The map provides data on ...leer más
- This series of maps shows the results of the Damage and Loss Assessment conducted by the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines in December 2013 after Typhoon Haiyan.
Check also the ...leer más