- For decades, chronic poverty and successive shocks have affected Chadians, causing about 4.4 million to suffer from food insecurity, of which over 1 million are severely food insecure. The population ...leer más
- More than 75 percent of the Central African Republic’s working population relies on agriculture, but years of conflict and instability have stifled economic growth, as well as reduced crop and livestock production. The ...leer más
- Key points
Sowing activities are affected by the late start of the rainy season as well as dry spells that occurred in localized areas in the region
Monthly cereal prices remained relatively ...leer más
- Au sommaire:
Une campagne agricole à sauver : l’éditorial d’Alexis Bonte, représentant a.i. de la FAO en République centrafricaine.
Les actions conjointes d’urgence en faveur de la sécurité alimentaire.
L’accès au crédit pour ...leer más
- Despite abundant natural resources, rural communities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) face steep hurdles, such as armed violence, civil insecurity, poverty, acute malnutrition, limited access to resources ...leer más
- The resilience component of FAO’s programme for the Central African Republic in 2014 is addressing social, technical and financial drivers to end hunger in rural communities severely hit by 18 months ...leer más
- Mr Alexis Bonte, FAO Representative ad interim, explains FAO’s assistance in CAR to ensure food security. Activities aim at resuming agricultural production through the distribution of seeds and tools to ...leer más
- Following a catastrophic year of looting and destruction, farmers are returning to the fields to work and feed their families, starting again from scratch. Most farmers in the Central African Republic ...leer más