- In order to respond to the most immediate needs of crisis-affected populations, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in the Republic of South Sudan will undertake ...leer más
- The crisis in South Sudan and high levels of food insecurity require a humanitarian response that is fast, flexible and opportunistic. FAO is helping to restore food production and access ...leer más
- Even under the best of circumstances major logistical obstacles make it difficult for FAO to support humanitarian and development initiatives in South Sudan. Before the start of the crisis, FAO ...leer más
- Before the crisis, South Sudan was already the scene of one of the world’s largest humanitarian operations – responding to structural food insecurity, large refugee populations, intra‐tribal violence, floods, drought ...leer más
646 000 people have been internally displaced since 15 December, and 123 400 have fled to neighbouring countries.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Cluster estimates that up to 7 million ...leer más
- The humanitarian situation in South Sudan has deteriorated rapidly since fighting broke out in Juba on 15 December. The violence has spread across five states, causing widespread displacement and disrupting ...leer más