- Since March 2011, violence in Syria has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and injured countless civilians.As of December 2014, over 50 percent of the population has fled their homes, ...leer más
- Agriculture plays an important role in Nepal’s economy, but the country’s small-scale producers face many challenges. Access to quality inputs, decent roads, irrigation and markets is patchy. Natural disasters destroy ...leer más
- Ciro Fiorillo, Head of FAO's office in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, in an interview with Sybil Ruscoe of BBC Radio 4 Farming Today podcast regarding agriculture in Gaza.
The conflict in Gaza has caused ...leer más
- Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices ...leer más
- In Rumbek, Lakes State, FAO South Sudan reached over 600 households with emergency livelihood crop kits between June and July 2014. This includes over 7 metric tons of sorghum, maize, sesame and cowpea ...leer más
- Part of FAO’s emergency response in South Sudan is the distribution of livelihood kits nation-wide. In May 2014, FAO and partners distributed crop kits to beneficiaries in Himodonge payam located ...leer más