General Service Vacancies
- The General Service category includes secretarial, clerical and administrative staff but also security guards, nurses and building technicians among others.
- General Service positions are normally filled internally; however, occasionally applications are extended to external candidates as well.
- All General Service positions currently open to external candidates will be posted on this website.
- Candidates wishing to seek short-term employment of a support nature can consider applying through the Temporary Assistance Pool (TAP).
General Service: Current
Currently there are no vacancies available.
Please visit our web site again soon
General Service: How to apply
- Complete the FAO Personal History Form, also including the title of the post and vacancy number you are applying for;
- Sign and date your application; Your application should be typewritten (where possible), signed and dated;
- Send application to the address (mail, e-mail or fax) indicated on the Vacancy Announcement;
Separate applications are required for each position you are applying to.
Internal candidates should complete the ADM75 and provide 10 copies of each application.
Temporary Assistance Pool (TAP)
FAO recruits suitably qualified staff for short -term assignments in the General Service Category. The duration of the short term assignments may vary from a few days to a few months.
Requirements for consideration to short term assignments include:
- Reside within the Rome commuting area;
- Secondary school education or equivalent in vocational training;
- Relevant work experience;
- Working knowledge of one of the following FAO languages: English, French or Spanish, and limited knowledge of one of the other two. Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or Russian would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Office;
- Ability to pass a test in one of the FAO official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian);
- Ability to work productively and harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
All suitable applicants will be requested to pass our tests of office and language skills. Samples of these tests may be downloaded by selecting the following links: Office Skills Sample Test, English Language Sample Test, French Language Sample Test and Spanish Language Sample Test.
To apply for the TAP, please complete and sign a FAO PHF and send by email to: GS-External-Recruitment-Applications@fao.org
Due to the high number of applications received, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on minimum requirement and guidelines please click here and/or visit our application toolkit on the right hand side of this page.