- Are you interested in working for an International Organization?
- Are you willing to embark on a challenging opportunity that will enrich your personal as well as your professional experience?
- If so, consider applying for an internship at FAO. The Organization offers several options within its Headquarters and its decentralized offices worldwide to provide hands-on opportunities for students or young graduates to learn more about what FAO does.
- No more than 30 years of age;
- Be recent graduates or students in a recognised
university or graduate school programme and have completed at the very least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to the work of FAO, or be participants in a governmental or academic programme sponsoring assignments of recent graduates or students;
- A working knowledge of English, French or Spanish is required. Knowledge of one of the other two, or Arabic, Chinese or Russian, is an asset;
- Must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother, or sister.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from FAO up to the amount of US$700. In some cases, the terms of sponsored internships may vary depending upon the agreement between FAO and the institution sponsoring the intern.
- Duration: for individual applicants, the assignment usually ranges from three months to a maximum period of six months;
- Interns who are sponsored, the maximum duration of the internship is defined by the agreement between FAO and the sponsoring institution;
- Applicants should apply to the Internship Programme only if they meet the minimum criteria.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online through iRecruitment in three easy steps:
1) Create the Personal Profile Form (PPF) online in iRecruitment here
2) Attach a letter of motivation
3) Apply to the vacancy: "IRC2330: Call for Interest: Internship Programme"
Eligible applications will be retained for a maximum period of six months. Only successful candidates will be contacted by FAO.
For iRecruitment user guidelines, please refer to the application toolkit or click here
NOTE: The selection process is open throughout the year. For more info please contact Internship-Programme-Queries@fao.org. (This email address does not accept applications)