Junior Professional Programme
What is it?
The Junior Professional Programme (JPP) is a recruitment initiative targeted for talented, highly qualified professionals who are mainly from non- and under- represented developing countries to start a career as an international civil servant with FAO.
Under the supervision of a senior staff member, Junior Professionals (JPs) work with international and national staff and are involved in the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FAO activities. Purposes of assignments vary and may have a country-specific, regional, sector-based or thematic focus.
JPOs are offered two years fixed term contracts subject to a one-year probationary period. This term may be renewed for a period of up to two additional years, subject to satisfactory performance. JPs will generally be employed at P-1 step 1 level on initial appointment and will move to P-1 step 2 level for the second year of their assignment.
What are the requirements?
Candidates for the JPP are selected on a highly competitive basis. The qualifications below are required for consideration:
- Candidates should be 32 years of age or younger as of 31 December of the year of application;
- Academic qualifications: advanced university degree (Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- Language skills: working knowledge of one of FAO’s official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian) and a limited knowledge of another, depending on the working language of the duty station;
- Candidates must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother or sister
Vacancies and how to apply
Please visit the list of JPP opportunities currently available in the Organization.