FAO headquarter - Rome
10 May 2006.
The Education for Rural People (ERP) organized a Seminar with the following agenda:
- Literacy status and role in fishing communities.
- An assessment of literacy needs in fisheries development processes.
- The potential of literacy and numeracy, and enhanced access to education, for improved fisheries management.
- The opportunity for literacy programmes to build on peoples’ existing knowledge and practice.
- Possible policy responses and strategic partnerships to improve access to literacy and education.