18 February 2011
The Education for Rural People Coordination Unit intervened in the Seminar “Sovranità Alimentare: sfida per uno sviluppo sostenibile. Il ruolo della società civile”(Food sovereignty: a challenge for a sustainable development. The role of civil society) held by FOCSIV- Volontari nel mondo.
The Seminar has been chaired by Mr. Sergio Marelli, FOCSIV Secretary General. The main issue of the event was the importance of food sovereignty, more than just food safety. During the seminar, the panelists talked about small-scale production (giving examples from Senegal and Perú), the G20 that will be held in France next June and the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD) in 2012 also referred to as Rio + 20.
• Marie-Claire Brenard-Tomasi, EuropeAid- Office de cooperation in Bruxelles, European Commission ;
• Lavinia Gasperini, Agricultural Education Officer, Education for Rural People Coordination Unit (FAO)
• Babacar Diop, Presidente “Fédération des Ong du Sénégal”;
• Marco Foschini, Coordinatore Gruppo di lavoro Politica Agricola Comune,
• Emilia Gatto, Capo Ufficio VII, Direzione Generale Cooperazione allo Sviluppo from the Italian Foreign Affaires Ministry;
• Jorge Prado Sumari, Segretario Generale Confederación Campesina del Perú
• Vincenzo Russo.