This list includes, in chronological order, two categories of publications:
specifically on the ERP Flagship
Publications focusing on
flagship related issues
focusing specifically on the ERP Flagship
- Choquet, P.L. Education et développement rural en Colombie. Etude d'une initiative innovante: le projet Utopía
- Sacchetti, C. Improving cancer prevention in developing countries: educational Alimentation and Agriculture communication is essential
- M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation Operation 2015: An Integrated Approach to Achieving UN MDG 1 in the Koraput Region of Odisha
FAO, Rome, May 2011
- Ingemar G. Education as a way to strengthen the capacity of rural people to improve food security; Towards a tool for analysis.
FAO, Rome, January 2011
- IFAD IFAD 2011 Rural Poverty Report (Contribution acknowledged).
Rome, December 2010
- Gasperini, L How the Education for Rural People policy contributes to sustainable development in Tomorrow Today"
Tudor Rose - UNESCO Paris, November 2010 Pages 38-41
- Eskola T. & Gasperini L." Investing in skills development for socio-economic empowerment of rural women"
International Labour Office (ILO), Geneva, September 2010
- Bertelli F."Education for Rural People for a biodiversity culture"
- Gasperini, L ., 2009 From Policy to Data- Education for Rural People. In: Making education work for all. A Report from the International Working
Group on Education. p.99-102
UNESCO IIEP, 2009
- FAO, Burchi, F., De Muro, P. Reducing Children’s Food Insecurity through
Primary Education for Rural Mothers:
The case of Mozambique
FAO and University Roma Tre/Department of Economics, 2009
- Gasperini, L. The future of Agricultural Education and Training
and Capacity Development: lessons learned from the
Education for Rural People partnership
- Ranjit S. G., Sukhwinder S., Jaswinder S. B.
Professional Education in Punjab: Exclusion of rural students
Punjabi University, Patiala, 2008
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development Cultivating Knowledge
and Skills to Grow
A Synthesis of an Institutional, Regional,
and International Review
The World Bank, 2007
- Acker, D.G & Gasperini, L. Education for Rural People: What have we learned?
The Journal of International Agricultural
and Extension Education (AIAEE), Vol. 15, n.1,
- FAO Preparing for the future: Rethinking Higher Agriculture Education and
Environment in the Asia Pacific
FAO and Asia Pacific Association of Educators in Agriculture Education and Environment (APEAEN), 2008
- Francesco Burchi Pasquale De Muro
Education for Rural People: a neglected key to food security
FAO, Rome, 2007
- Feldberg Karen Brit Rural education with Norway as a case
FAO, LINS, March 2007
- Oxenham John Report of The Caribbean Conference on Education For Rural People:
Food Security, Agricultural Competitiveness and Sustainable Livelihoods
18 and 19 May 2006,
Royal St. Lucian
Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia, West Indies
- Ranjit S. G., Inderjeet S., Lakhwinder S.
Status of local agricultural labour in Punjab.
Punjabi University, Patiala, 2007
- Ranjit S. G., Sukhwinder S., Jaswinder S. B.
Rural Students in Universities of Punjab
Punjabi University, Patiala, 2006
- Shibeshi Ayalew Ministerial Seminar on Education for Rural People in Africa: Policy Lessons, Options and Priorities
hosted by the Government of Ethiopia
FAO, 7-9 September 2005, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Atchoarena David The Evaluation of International Cooperation in Education:
A Rural Perspective
CICE Hiroshima University, Journal of International Cooperation in Education, Vol.9, No.1, 2006
- David Atchoarena
The contribution of Higher Education to learning and development in rural areas: experiences and policy implications
- Van Lierop and Atchoarena D.
Higher Education for Rural Development , in "Rebuilding Africa’s capacity for agricultural development: the role of tertiary education"
The African Network for Agroforestry Education, ANAFE,
ICRAF, Nairobi, Kenya, 2003
Available only on hard copy.
- Muehlhoff E.
Can nutrition education make a difference?
International Congress on Nutrition. Durban, South Africa, 19-23 September 2005
- FAO Universities and national agricultural research in North Africa and the Near East
- FAO Skills Development for Rural People: A Renewed Challenge
FAO - November 2005
- Marcelino Avila and Lavinia Gasperini
with inputs from Pieter van Lierop, Jennifer Heney and Andre Ufer
The MDGs and Sustainable Rural Development in sub-Saharan Africa.
Challenges and Implications for Education for Rural People (ERP)
- David Atchoarena, Lavinia Gasperini
Education for Rural People (ERP) to achieve EFA and the MDGs
FAO, July 2005
Les ONG françaises et le programme FAO/UNESCO "Education pour les populations rurales (EPR)"
FAO, June 2005
- FAO Growing up in the Real World contributes to enhance the quality of Education for Rural People
FAO - November 2004
Magnitude of social disparities in primary education in Africa: Gender, geographical location, and family income in the context of Education for All (EFA)
FAO, October 2004
Education for rural people to boost agricultural productivity in Latin America
FAO, August 2004
A proposal presented to the Steering committee of the Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA)
FAO, June 2004
- FAO The challenges of farmer training: the exemple of French-speaking West Africa
FAO, April 2004
Atchoarena D., Gasperini L., Van Lierop P.
Higher Education for Rural Development
“Rebuilding Africa’s capacity for agricultural development: the role of tertiary education, The African Network for Agroforestry Education
(ANAFE) international symposium on Building agricultural and natural resources education capacity in Africa:
quality and relevance of tertiary education. Nairobi. ANAFE, ICRAF., 2003
Available only on hard copy
Acker, D.G & Gasperini, L.
Launching a New Flagship on Education for Rural People: An Initiative Agricultural and Extension Educators Can Get Behind
Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education, Vol.. 10, n.3. , 2003
Gasperini, L., Zulberti, E,
Education for rural people as the front line to achieve the Millennium development goals.
Germany. Entwicklung + ländlicher raum (agriculture + rural development), 2003
- Atchorena D., Gasperini L. Education for Rural Development: towards new policy responses
FAO, November 2003
- FAO Education for Rural People as a component of a Rural Development Strategy for Croatia
FAO, October 2003
- FAO Interview with Ms Lavinia Gasperin, Senior Officer, SDRE at FAO
FAO, August 2003
- FAO The report of the Aid Agencies
Workshop on "Education for rural people: Targeting the poor",
- FAO FAO/UNESCO seminar: Education for rural development in Asia: Experiences and policy
FAO, May 2003
- FAO Education for rural development. A joint study by FAO and UNESCO/IIEP
FAO, March 2003
- FAO FAO and UNESCO seek firm support from donors for education programmes for rural people
FAO, February 2003
- FAO Education for rural development: an agenda for action
FAO, January 2003
- FAO Final Communiqué on Aid Agencies Workshop on "Education for rural people:
Targeting the poor",
FAO, January 2003
- UNESCO Brochure on Education for Rural People printed for the "People Centred Development Day"
UNESCO, January 2003
- FAO Food for thought: Education for Rural People - Knowledge as a tool to fight hunger and
- FAO Education for Rural People: The FAO and UNESCO are making a joint call for Education for
- FAO The FAO and UNESCO are making a joint call for Education for rural people
FAO, December 2002
- FAO The Aid Agencies Workshop on "Education for rural people: Targeting the poor",
FAO, Rome 2002
- FAO Workshop on "Education for rural development in Asia: Experiences and Policy
FAO, Bangkok, 2002.
- Sheldon Shaeffer The Dakar Framework for Action - Education for All: Meeting our Collective Commitments
by focusing on Education for rural people
- FAO and UNESCO Education for Rural people: Towards new policy responses
- Marina Emiliani Compendium of Experiences of Italian NGOs in Education for Rural People
- FAO Director-General's speech at the launching of the new FAO/UNESCO Flagship Programme on
'Education for Rural People
- FAO Launching a new flagship on education for rural people
- FAO New FAO-UNESCO Education for rural people flagship
FAO, September 2002
- FAO FAO and UNESCO propose a joint partnership to promote education in the rural world
System Network on Rural development and Food Security, October 2002
Gasperini, L. Education for rural people: addressing a neglected majority.
Commonwealth Education Partnerships,
Norwich, UK, The Stationery Office (TSO), 2002
Gasperini, L ., McLean S., Rudgard S.
Distance Learning for Food Security and Rural Development: A Perspective from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization.
International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, ISSN: 1492-3831v3 n.1 April., 2002
Also : 2006 in Rural Transformation: Socio- Economic Issues”, Hyderabad, India. ICFAI Books, ICFAI University press.
Atchoarena D. & Gasperini L. Basic education and rural development.
Paris, UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) Newsletter, Vol. XX,N.2, April-June 2002,
Gasperini, L. & Maguire C.
Educare le popolazioni rurali per combattere la poverta’.
“Fede e denaro”. Rome. Federazione delle Chiese Evangeliche in Italia. 17.
From agricultural education to education for rural development and food security: All for education and food for all.
FAO. Rome. 2000
Publications focusing on flagship related issues
- Ciancarelli, A. Aspetti Geografici del Partenariato della FAO:
Educational for Rural People (ERP)
- Ewa HermanowiczEducation for Rural People - Main Policy Issues
- Silvia Baronio Le projet « Education pour tous » dans un contexte rural au Sénégal
- David Atchoarena, Keith Holmes The Role of Agricultural Colleges and Universities in Rural Development and Lifelong Learning in Asia
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Vol. 2, Nos. 1&2
- FAO Method, creativity and CIALs.
Int. J. Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2006
- Carl K. Eicher The Evolution of Agricultural Education and Training: Global Insights of Relevance for Africa.
the World Bank, 2006
- UNESCO Empowering women farmers in China
UNESCO, Newsletter, October 2005 - January 2006
- Andrea Valentini Malawis' Rural Adolescent Girls Education
- FAO Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems for Rural Development (AKIS/RD)
- August B. Temu, Per G. Rudebjer, James Kiyiapi, Pieter van Lierop
Forestry education in Sub-saharan Africa and Southeast Asia
- Daniel Desmond, James Grieshop, Aarti Subramaniam
The uplift and empowerment of rural women (Farmer's wife)
FAO, May 2003
- FAO Revisiting garden based learning in basic education"
FAO, May 2003
- Herbert Bergmann Practical Subjects in Basic Education. Relevance At Last or Second Rate Education?
Lessons from 40 Years of Experience
FAO, April 2003
- FAO Educación en alimentación y Nutrición para la ensenanza basica
Chilean Government, The Chilean University and The Institute of Nutrition and Food
- FAO Education opportunities for hill tribes in Northern Thailand: Implications for sustainable rural
FAO, July 2002
- Sibylle Riedmiller Primary
school agriculture : What can it realistically achieve?"
Entwicklung und Laendlicher Raum" (28) 3/94:9-13
- Lavinia Gasperini
and Charles Maguire
Targeting the rural poor: the role of education and training
FAO, March 2002
- Lavinia Gasperini World Food Summit Five Years Later: The Challenge of Feeding and Educating All
FAO, October 2001
- FAO A Compendium of FAO Experience in Basic Education: All for Education and Food for All.
- Scott McLean Distance education and distance learning: A framework for the Food and Agriculture
Organization of the United Nations
FAO, September 2001
- FAO Distance Learning for Food Security and Rural Development: A Perspective from the
United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization
International review Research in
Open and distance Learning, IRRODL, April 2002
- Charles J. Maguire From agriculture to rural development: critical choices for agriculture education
FAO, April 2001
- Lavinia Gasperini, Scott McLean Education for Agriculture and Rural Development in Low-Income Countries: Implications of
the Digital Divide
FAO, March 2001
- Lavinia Gasperini From agricultural education to education for rural development and food security. All
for education and food for all
Rome, October 2000
- Alan Rogers
and Peter Taylor Participatory curriculum development study: A training Guide (abstract)
| || |