Working in close coordination with the at FAO Headquarters, REU Information and Knowledge Management Officer:
- promotes the development of national and subregional agricultural information systems and networks compatible with FAO’s information systems;
- advises agricultural research, education and development institutions to use more efficiently FAO’s information systems, databases and data banks;
- works as OEK Capacity Building contact person in Europe and Central Asia,
- assists in developing capabilities and networks for access to and sharing of information;
- assists in the organization of, and lectures at, seminars, workshops and training sessions related to FAO information services;
- organizes and maintains information resources and services suitable to the needs and tasks of the REU and SEU Offices;
- supports the development of Thematic Knowledge Networks in Europe and Central Asia (AgroWeb, ESCORENA).
Knowledge Forum: Fostering knowledge sharing and learning to help build a world without hunger
The new Web site aggregates various types of knowledge products/resources ranging from communities of practice to publications and from newsletters to FAO’s information systems.
The site replaces following Web sites:
- Thematic Knowledge Networks
- TKN Community Centre
- Good Practices
Information and Knowledge Management Officer: n/a