26-27 April 2012, Moscow, Russian Federation
On 26 and 27 April, National Union of Food Exporters and the Moscow Commercial and Industrial Chamber organized the conference "The Role and Place of Russia in the World Food System" upon the initiative of FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia.
Representatives from different institutions of the Russian Federation including the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Commercial and Industrial Chamber of the Russian Federation, the Moscow Chamber of Commerce, associations and unions of agrarian and industrial food complex, the Agricultural "Timirjazev" Academy, scientific research institutes and centers, embassies and FAO Regional Office staff took part in the conference.
In his opening speech the vice-president of board MTPP, Mr Adil Kasumov said: "We have gathered to consider, how to realize the potential of the Russian agrarian and industrial complex faster and more effectively, and to present a joint position of participants of the market to the bodies of the state legislative and executive power".
The Conference which was held in the conference hall of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce, discussed the following issues:
- Global trends in food prices;
- Export potential of Russian agriculture and the possible strengthening of Russia in the global food security;
- Support for export with WTO rules and regulations.
Panel discussions were held on the following topics:
- Information in support of food exporters;
- Standardization issues (including harmonization of standards);
- The most promising areas of food Russian exports (including grain products, meat, dairy fats and oil complexes).
Further information related to this event are available at: http://www.mostpp.ru/news.php?typ=2&id=9575 and http://agris.rjoas.com/.